Monday, January 30, 2006

HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE, YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY MIND!

There are only three people in the entire world who can call me any variation of the name 'Mickey'.

The first is Scott. He started it last year when we were dating. To us, we were 'Miccy and Scotty'. But only to us. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but now I relish in it. Even though we're just friends now, he's like a little brother and I love him to death. It's really funny how some people are just made to be friends. The shortest relationship I ever had ended the best way. He's a good kid with a huge amount of creative ability. Talking to him today, I found out he's going to be a secondary ed English major. That totally blew me away, but it fits him - thinking about it now. Pretty nifty how that works out. That child is goin' places.

Ali. I don't talk to her anymore. We sung in childrens choir at church about eight years ago. Since she was 'Ali', I suppose I naturally became 'Micki'. I was three years her senior and that was okay with us. Somehow we were still formed a special bond. Four years after the children's choir was long past, and she was trying out for Star Search while I kept up theater arts...She told me about her plans for suicide. I remember being very 'good' about it all. Sat down with our Youth Minister, talked, prayed, explained. I was strong and attentive and sensitive and as mature as possible for a sixteen year old hearing a friend would rather die. When I was finally dropped off at my own house, I broke down. The most frightening thing I had to experience was having the knowledge of someone's destiny resting (seemingly) on my shoulders.

The last would be Father Al Semler. He was the first parish priest I had when I moved from Philadelphia to the Pittsburgh area. He held my attention and started to get me interested in church. It's incredible what one person can do. He always called me Mickey and when he was re-assigned by the diocese, I remember being heartbroken. It taught me a good lesson in trusting God though, things that were good just keep getting better. He trained me as an alter server, too. Great stuff.

I don't like the nickname when most people call me it...It's obnoxious. I'm not a cartoon character, as much as I love Disney. But there are always certain people who can bend the rules.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reading your blogspot is making me sad because you never update it. which is okay, because we are busy people. but i miss my mic!!!!! :'(


AND WICKED WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3Sarah