Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"If All My Ideas Were In Your Head, It Would Probably Explode"

That's what I was told by an eight year old I taught last week. Thank you, Quinton. You are forever immortalized on my blog. Congratulations.

I've been getting migraines lately. It's not very pleasant. Hum.

Hung out with Scotty for the first time in years. That was good. We're going to do that more often. Weird how he's found religion and he's better at it than I am now. I remember fighting him about Atheism, even this time a year ago. Best that he has no qualms with cutting me off when I start focusing on something that's dead and gone. That's why we're bffs 4+evah.

I also ran into a chair yesterday. Yes, folks. That's my fascinating life update. I ran into a chair. It was pretty spectacular.

I woke up in the middle of the night and this prompted me to get a glass of water. I stepped into the too bright kitchen to get ice, blinded by the white light. My feet were warm against the forever frozen tiles. Hopping back across the carpet (hoping to warm my feet), I made it into my room and shut the door. That was a mistake. Now I couldn't see anything. I figured that if I walked quickly forward I could sit down on my bed, place my glass on the nightstand, and go to sleep without having to turn on any unnecessary and pesky bright lights. I only got as far as walking quickly forward. I ran into my desk chair (the back of it pushing into my stomach) as I watched my glass of water fly poetically through the air and land not so poetically onto my bed. Not only did I have decide to sleep on the floor with just a blanket which somehow managed to stay dry (yeah, there was no way I was changing my bedsheets at three am) but I also had the wind knocked out of me. The cool and gross part of this experience is the bruise the size of Texas forming on my left thigh.

I don't think I'll be up for a glass of water in the middle of the night anytime soon.

I'm being choked by memories of things that have obviously long since passed. I've decided I will spend the next six to ten months working really hard on not letting that happen anymore. The only difficult part is what that means in terms of friendships... I have no idea where the lines are, what the rules are. Past romantic relationships are a lot easier to determine that stuff. Friendships? Yeeesh. I think that if I can just accept there are different levels of people's involvment in and out of my life and that those levels are bound to shift (and they do... constantly) that I'll be a lot better off.

I'm trying to stretch my own skin into something I feel comfortable with. And avoid exploding heads. One of which I'm succeeding with this week.

1 comment:

Kelly777 said...

I really like your poem as it holds a lot of truth. I also have many ideas in my head and I can't wait until I see the results of my hard work. I am a spiritual person and faith is important to me. I think that we all need to help each other without expecting anything in return. Good luck in your acting career and keep the faith.