Monday, April 16, 2007

April Showers...

"April showers bring May flowers..."

Ha! That's a laugh. It's currently:
30°F
Light Snow
Wind: W at 31 mph
Humidity: 88%


Welcome to Johnstown...otherwise known as an Antarctic Hell.

Today, we shall discuss how to stay warm when traveling from Hickory Hall to Krebs Hall on snowy April mornings.

Usually, all one would have to do is walk outside their side door, into the bright warm sunshine. They would walk past Laurel, past the student union, library, Biddle Hall, the 'Quad' (which is really a 'Triad'), and walk into Krebs. However, it is not bright, warm, or sunny...

Instead, what one needs to do is go the long way out of Hickory, in order to keep warm until the very last second. Then, cut through Laurel, avoid those exercising in the rec. room, and run in to the Union. Go up the Union stairs, though the top entrance, and proceed to take the 'Biddle Bypass.' Walk all the way through Biddle, come out near Blackington, go into Blackingtown (because even if you're inside for a second, at least you avoid the snow falling off the roof and the wind that is strong enough to take you off your feet), and sprint into Krebs before hit with a falling icicle.

And THAT is how you get around UPJ. I admit, it's tedious, long, and unnecessary - but...IT'S SNOWING IN APRIL! So, it doesn't really matter how ridiculous my route is, because nothing tops snow after the first week of March.

Today, it's snowing. And it has been for about three weeks now.

I want you all to know, I'm protesting Mother Nature. Today, I wore Green Flipflops. Tomorrow, I may forgo my winter coat. By Friday, who knows? I may just walk around campus in my bathing suit.

I think that the weather just needs reminding that winter is over. Someone forgot to send a memo somewhere, and now it's gross outside. See what happens when you don't file paperwork in a timely manner?

No comments: